Redesigned for 2015, our outboard Tohatsu 30hp 4-Stroke MFS30CW has it all! Whether you are cruising, fishing, or working, the 30 hp EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) will meet your needs. We are the first to offer a battery-less EFI system that provides quick throttle response and very smooth rides on the water.
The upper and lower motor cover features a more modern look and easier access to regular maintenance items. Plus, the multi-function tiller handle comes standard on all 30 hp models with an electric start. This tiller includes all controls conveniently located on the handle for easy access giving you more control, better maneuverability, and increased safety.
How Fast Does a 20 HP Motor Go?
A 12.3-foot boat (model 380 or similar) with a 20-horsepower motor and 1 person on board is capable of speeds up to 37 mph (or 60 km/h).
Are Tohatsu Outboards Reliable?
Yes, Tohatsu outboard motors are known for being some of the most durable and reliable motors on the market. Tohatsu engines are designed to withstand extreme demands and harsh conditions.
Tohatsu 30hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- All-new sleek design
- Designed with proven technology
- Advanced cross-flow induction for smooth operation
- Canister style oil filter for easy replacement
- Larger capacity oil reservoir for optimum lubrication
- Tuned intake system for crisp takeoffs
- Ultra-Low emission, EPA, and CARB approved
High Performance and Easy Operation
- Lower gear ratio from 1.92:1 to 2.17:1 gives you better low-end torque and the ability to turn a higher pitch prop for better top-end performance
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- The boating industry’s first battery-free, manual start EFI 4-stroke
- Digital CD ignition system for quicker starts
- Large alternator and rectifier for superior battery charging
- Adjustable steering friction and trim tab for reducing steering effort
- Front-mounted shift lever for easier operation
- Shallow water drive, 6 tilt positions*
- Power trim and tilt*
- Remote control**
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Redesigned upper and lower motor cover for a more modern look and easier access to regular maintenance items
- Built-in freshwater flush system on lower motor cover for easy access
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High-grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- 6.6 gallon (25 liters) fuel tank including fuel fittings and fuel line
- Aluminum propeller
Warning and Protection
- Overheat warning (audible)
- Low oil pressure warning (audible)
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter