The Tohatsu outboard motor 6hp 4-stroke MFS6D provides all the power you need for motoring in a small craft. This engine provides fuel efficiency second to none, and a redesigned carrying handle and holding grip makes it convenient to transport! With all of this available at a competitive price, it is no wonder this powerful 6hp outboard receives so much attention and praise!
This portable best-seller has been upgraded with newly designed top and bottom cowls based on Tohatsu Design Philosophy for Marine Products with ergonomically designed front and back carrying handles.
In addition, you can now store your outboard boat motor in 3 different positions without worrying about oil spillage.
*Please refer to the Owner’s Manual for storage and transportation guidelines.
Sail Pro Model! Designed specifically for sail boaters. This powerful sailboat engine, available in a “long” and an “ultra-long” shaft, has a high thrust sail drive propeller to give you the power you need. It also includes a 12V, 60W, 5A charging system for charging your battery or powering external electrical devices and its own charging cable. Sailing just got better with Tohatsu’s 6hp “Sail Pro” sailboat motor!
Tohatsu 6hp 4-Stroke MFS6D Benefits:
- Newly designed top and bottom cowls based on Tohatsu Design Philosophy for Marine Products
- 3-way storage positions without worrying about an oil spill
- Light and compact!
- Front-mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class!
- Designed with proven technology
- Greatly reduced vibration for smooth and stable running at all speeds
- Greatly reduced induction noise for a quieter ride
- Ultra-low emission, EPA, and CARB 3-Star rating approved
Easy Operation and Handling
- Newly designed Tohatsu’s unique front and back carrying handles for easier transportation
- Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response, and smoother trolling
- Recoil starter with larger reel making manual starting fast and easy
- Shallow water drive
- 6 trim positions
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort
- New longer tiller handle (110mm extension)
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High-grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- 3.1 Gallon (12 liters) fuel tank with fuel gauge (standard on external fuel tank models only)
- Aluminum propeller