The Tohatsu 90hp 4-Stroke (MFS90A) design is built on our best-selling models the MFS40/50/60 and the MFS9.9/15/20. The legacy of our top performing and most reliable engines has been passed on, with a dynamic design and sophisticated details, to our all new MFS90 4-stroke outboard with industry-first innovative feature and characteristics.
The groundbreaking industry-first technology, 4-2-1 Performance Tuned Exhaust, provides incomparable torque throughout the RPM range. The higher torque you have the better hole shot, which translates to faster speeds. Higher torque also means less drag, which in turn means more boating options; it could be applied to any type of boat. From light to heavy, pleasure or commercial boats.
The synergy between the 4-2-1 Performance Tuned Exhaust and our fine-tuned ECU programming, MFS90 provides a strong acceleration when needed in order to get the boat on plane quicker and allowing you to reach the top end speed faster.
Equipped with standard features such as Variable Idle System allowing you to change the idle speed from 650 to 850 RPMs, a low gear ratio (2.08:1) giving you the increased low end torque your boat needs, a fresh-water Flushing System designed to make routine flushing easier, and a High Output 41 amp Alternator, the MFS90 provides the industry leading features you expect from Tohatsu.
Tohatsu 90 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- Dynamic design with sophisticated details Click Here
- Exhilarating boating performance
- Superior durability & optimized weight
- Outstanding fuel economy from unique SOHC-4V design
- Performance-inspired engine sound and the most quietest at idle
- Fine-tuned ECU Programming
- Available in long (20”) shaft lengths
High Performance and Easy Operation
- 4-2-1 Performance Tuned Exhaust generates high torque to get you on plane quicker
- Fine-tuned ECU provides the strong acceleration when needed
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- MicroComputer Programmed ignition system for quicker starts
- High output 41 amp alternator
- New and improved gear case with wider splash plate and anti-ventilation plate
- Adjustable steering friction and trim tab for reducing steering effort
- Power Trim and Tilt
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Sheet Molding Compound (SMC) cowlings for durability
- Anodized major aluminum components for greater corrosion resistance
- Oil catch tray underneath the oil filter for cleaner oil filter changes
- Easily accessible and removable fuel filter allows simple and quick water draining
- More than 16 sacrificial anodes strategically placed throughout all major components
- Through the prop exhaust for a quieter operation
- Built-in freshwater flushing system for easy routine flushing
- Variable idling speed control from 650 to 850 RPMs at 5-steps
- A camshaft-driven trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability