Boasting the honour of the lightest weight boat motor for sale Tohatsu 20hp 4-stroke MFS20E in its class, Tohatsu’s newly designed MFS 20hp Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) is a great choice for a wide variety of boaters. Just because it is lighter in weight than our previous 20hp four-stroke, doesn’t mean this model won’t deliver the same level of performance. This 20hp battery-less electronic fuel injection four-stroke has exceptional torque and top-end speed, with low vibration. We chose to build an EFI outboard because it has easy startup with no choke required and smooth, crisp acceleration throughout all RPM ranges. Another added benefit of an EFI versus our previous carbureted outboard is the fuel efficiency at wide-open throttle, which allows you to go up to 50% farther on less fuel. ( Tohatsu outboard motor 15hp 4-stroke MFS15E).
How Fast Does a 20 HP Motor Go?
A 12.3-foot boat (model 380 or similar) with a 20-horsepower motor and 1 person on board is capable of speeds up to 27 mph (or 43 km/h).
Are Tohatsu Outboards Reliable?
Yes, Tohatsu outboard motors are known for being some of the most durable and reliable motors on the market. Tohatsu engines are designed to withstand extreme demands and harsh conditions.
Also available on many models is the Power Tilt feature. The 20 hp Power Tilt is ideal for inflatable, fishing, and pontoon boats. The uniquely designed engine improves functionality and convenience with its light power tilt and transom bracket. Now you can tilt your motor out of the water with just a button push. Simplify your boating experience with a power tilt model. Try our new 20hp EFI for the ultimate boating experience because you don’t deserve anything less.
Tohatsu 20hp EFI 4-Stroke Benefits
- Battery-less Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) operation
- Light and compact
- Advanced EFI for smooth operation, easier starting, and increased fuel efficiency
- “Light Weight ECO Sport” development and design concept
- Simpliq™ Technology – the result of continuous technological innovation fueled by the pursuit of nothing less than the very best
- Designed with innovative technology
- Available in a wide variety of models
- Canister style oil filter for easy replacement
- A high quality, user-friendly fuel water separator
- Greatly reduced vibration for a smoother and quieter ride
- Ultra-Low emission, EPA, and CARB 3-Star rating approved
High Performance and Easy Operation
- Digital Electronic Control Unit (ECU) for immediate engine starting in all conditions, quicker throttle response, and smoother trolling
- Battery-less EFI with recoil starter on all models
- Outboard is easier to lift and tilt into the shallow drive because we’ve moved heavy components forward
- Large alternator and rectifier for superior battery charging*
- Multi-Function Tiller Handle: Stop Switch, Front Shift, Friction Adjusting Screw, and Power Tilt Switch (PTS: on power tilt models only) integrated into the tiller handle for convenience
- Remote control model available
- Shallow water drive*
- 90-degree turning radius
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort*
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High-grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- 3.1 Gallon (12 litres) fuel tank includes fuel fittings and fuel line with the fuel gauge on the cap
- Aluminum propeller
Warning and Protection
- Low oil pressure warning (visual and audible**)
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter