Introducing the lightest weight in its class, EFI 40hp four-stroke. Outfitted with a sleek four-stroke design, the trolling motor Tohatsu 40hp 4-Stroke MFS40A comes in two color options, Beluga White and Aqua Marine Blue, allowing you to choose which color best fits your boat. Starting at just 209 pounds, you will not find a lighter weight motor in its class.
This outboard is equipped with proven technology, including electronic fuel injection (EFI) and digital CD ignition, which provides quick throttle response, excellent fuel economy, and very smooth rides on the water. The MFS40 also has a high output 21 amp alternator for superior battery charging. The adjustable steering friction and trim tab reduce your amount of steering effort, making for an easier and more enjoyable boating experience. Convenience is also covered with the 40hp four stroke’s built-in freshwater flushing system, making routine flushing quick and easy.
The Tohatsu outboard motor 40hp 4-Stroke MFS40A not only offers a more powerful ride while using less fuel but is among the lightest on the water in its class. With proven reliability and performance, the MFS40 is every boater’s versatile choice for work, play, or even once-in-a-lifetime memory making!
Tohatsu 40hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- Sleek design with two color options: Aqua Marine Blue and Beluga White
- Outstanding fuel economy
- Lightest weight in its class, starting at just 209 lbs.
- Available in short (15″) & long (20″) shaft lengths
- Ultra-low 3-star CARB emission approved
High Performance and Easy Operation
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Digital CD ignition system for quicker starts
- High output 21 amp alternator
- New and improved gear case with lower gear ratio for increased low-end torque
- Adjustable steering friction and trim tab for reducing steering effort
- Power trim & tilt
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through the prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Built-in freshwater flushing system for easy routine flushing
- Variable idling speed control from 650 to 950 rpm’s
- A camshaft-driven trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
Warning & Protection
- Low oil pressure warning (visual and audible)
- Overheat warning (visual and audible)
- Battery voltage warning (visual only)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Over-rev. limiter